Close high value leads faster using Potion video emails
- Start by writing a script for your video email
- Research the company or person you are contacting and find out what they care about most
- Make sure to include their name in the email so that it feels more personal and less like spam
- Shoot your video on a smartphone with good lighting, then upload it to YouTube or Vimeo
- Set up your auto-responder emails with a link back to your video so that people can watch it right away!
- Monitor how many people watched your video (and responded) over time - this will help you see which videos work best for future prospects!
Video is a way more powerful medium than text. It’s not just the fact that people can visually see what you are talking about, it also has an almost magnetic effect on clicks when paired with compelling content. Almost all of us feel compelled to click the play button if we see it, which gives you power over viewers by making them watch a video even though they wouldn't read a traditional blog post.
Around the web, people are discovering how powerful video can be. It's more than just a way to tell a story. Video can help communicate an offer, create buzz and draw in customers. This post has some advice on using video in your sales outreach, including how to close high value leads faster through the use of Potion video emails.
1. Start by writing a killer script for your video email
The first thing you need to do is write a great script. Don't worry about making it perfect. Just start recording video emails and get better over time. Write down 3 bullet points that you can use to anchor your story. Then write a complete sentence for each bullet point. Then write a supporting sentence after the first sentence. This supporting sentence can be anything that bolsters the bullet point you’re trying to communicate, such as social proof or reputable references. Put all these sentences together, and you have yourself a strong script to go off of.
2. Research, research, research
Research the company or person you are contacting and find out what they care about most. Then, focus on that issue when writing your email to them.
3. Use their name three times in the email
Make sure to include their name twice in the email text, and at least once in the video you made for them, so that it feels more personal and not like spam.
4. Shoot your video with good lighting
Use a Ring light or a well-lit room to record your video. Most mobile phone cameras have a hard time capturing good videos in low light, so if you're recording your video at night or inside a room with no windows, use an LED ring light to illuminate yourself when recording the video. Nothing screams “sketchy” more than a grainy video recorded in a basement with poor lighting.
5. Setup your auto-responder emails properly
Setup your auto-responder emails with a link back to your video so that people can watch it right away. You could even take it further by adding a UTM code on your video landing page that will also show you the time when the user clicked on it.
6. Monitor video views and activity
Monitor how many times your prospects watched your video (and responded) over time - this will help you see which videos work best for future prospects!